Thursday 3 March 2016

Welcome to my Blog!



Hello! Welcome to my blog where I will be talking about all things Scout related, particularly my own scouting adventures. Contrary to popular belief (well my friends beliefs anyway), Scouts do a lot more than wear uniforms, march in parades and tie knots. Yes, we do that stuff too and as a Scottish Scout, trust me when I say, the kilt socks are itchy. So itchy! But we also do a lot more adventurous and exciting things to. I have been very lucky throughout my 11 years in Scouts as I have been given several unique opportunities, made life-long friends, travelled to many different countries, and accomplished numerous goals which I will share with you throughout my blog. 

Let me introduce myself. My name is Lauren and I am a 21 year old Marketing student from Scotland. When I am not working or doing (or at least pretending to do) uni work I am massively involved in scouting as an Assistant Explorer Scout Leader. Scouts has been a big part of my life since I joined when I was 10 years old. When I first joined, I wasn’t sure what to expect, I was just looking for fun and adventure, which I most definitely attained. Not only did I participate in dynamic activities such as kayaking, climbing and abseiling, I gained valuable life skills which have helped me in my personal and professional life. When I turned 18, I was not ready to give up on my Scouting adventures and wanted to give something back. So, I hiked, climbed, sailed and camped my way to become a leader and still love every minute of it. 

Hopefully through reading my blog, you will gain an insight into the adventures of a Scout who started off as a young girl, excited to go camping and take part in activities who became a leader and a Queen Scout. For those of you who are not in Scouts, the Queen Scout Award is the highest award you can achieve in Scouting (Ye, it’s a pretty big deal!). 

Be prepared!.... Reading my blog may make you very jealous and encourage you to join the Scouting movement and start your very own adventure if you haven’t already. Trust me, it’s fun.  


About Unknown

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Tracking